Providing deep insights into what consumers want when it comes to delivery, the 2018 State of eCommerce Delivery: MetaPack Consumer Research Report examines how the delivery choices shoppers encounter influence the online purchasing decisions they make.
This year’s report reveals how today’s consumers increasingly expect to be able to curate their own delivery experience – determining exactly when, where and how they receive their online purchases including which carrier is trusted with the delivery of their goods.
- 75% expect all delivery options to be displayed on product pages
- 75% have purchased more items to take advantage of a minimum spend ‘free delivery’ option
- 70% expect to pay extra for one-hour, same day, next day or Sunday delivery
- 54% of consumers expect to be able to choose which carrier delivers their online purchases
- 55% expect one-hour delivery in metropolitan areas