Guidelines for Updating Root and Intermediate Certificates
What do you need to do before Monday 15th October 2018?
New SSL certificate can be downloaded from https://ssl.metapack.com
Alternatively, MetaPack advises customers to follow best practice guidelines for SSL Certificates, by including Root and Intermediate Certificates in all applications and hardware that support X.509 certificate functionality, including Internet browsers, operating systems etc. If you have followed these guidelines there is no action required on your part the new Certificate will automatically be trusted when it’s reissued.
If you have not followed this guideline the Root and Intermediate Certificate can be downloaded here:
Please use DigiCert Global Root CA (for Root) and DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA for (intermediate):
DigiCert Global Root CA
- Valid until: 10/Nov/2031
- Serial #: 08:3B:E0:56:90:42:46:B1:A1:75:6A:C9:59:91:C7:4A
- Thumbprint: A8985D3A65E5E5C4B2D7D66D40C6DD2FB19C5436
- Demo Sites for Root: Active Certificate | Expired | Revoked | Download
DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA
- Issuer: DigiCert Global Root CA
- Valid until: 08/Mar/2023
- Serial #: 01:FD:A3:EB:6E:CA:75:C8:88:43:8B:72:4B:CF:BC:91
- Thumbprint: 1FB86B1168EC743154062E8C9CC5B171A4B7CCB4
The following links will also advise on how to install the Root and Intermediate Certificates:
Alternatively, to use a Web browser to download the Root and Intermediate Certificates please see below (example URL is dm.metapack.com):
- Go to the URL in Firefox, Click on the ‘padlock’ (1) and the right arrow (2)
- Click on More information (3)
- Click on View certificate (4)
- Click on the Details tab (5), Select the Higher level Digicert certificate (6) and then click export (7)
- Export in the format you require (8)
Note you will still have to rename and change the extension from .crt manually to .der once exported (Mac OS X).
If you have any questions please raise them via your usual support channels.
What if I have questions?
If you have any questions regarding this or any other aspect of your integration to MetaPack Delivery Manager please contact our support teams.