We are looking for a strong Mid-Level Software Engineer to join one of our Agile teams in our central London head office. This person will be responsible for the development and support of projects/operational tasks, this encompasses providing technical support and resolving escalated technical issues whilst ensuring that you adhere to the Software Engineering policies, standards and procedures.
The role holder also encourages people to share knowledge for mutual benefit in improving skills, and keeps an eye on developments in the wider IT industry; to recommend changes so that the skills within the function remain at the cutting-edge to meet future business requirements.
- To apply the MetaPack Software Development and Delivery framework as a combination of tools, techniques and measures, consistently across the projects assigned
- Develop software which meets functional and quality requirements and adheres to standards
- Plan, schedule and present demonstrations of system functionality as required
- Strive to continually meet the teams KPI’s
- May lead on the delivery of specific components of a project
- To draft reports and discuss recommendations based on research with their manager
- To provide support on projects, carrying out elements of the research, analysis and / or delivery
- Contribute to the estimate effort required to deliver functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensure effective stakeholder management by providing regular and accurate updates on the progress, risks and issues.
- To own and provide problem diagnosis and resolution liaising with peers, suppliers and customer/developer groups where appropriate ensuring KPIs and SLA are achieved.
- Provide out of hours on call production support as required.
- To work with internal, external and third party suppliers ensuring clear, effective and timely communication.
- To support the implementation of unit policies and procedures
- Provides technical/professional solutions and new innovative services and approach
- Maintains a reputation for quality and delivery of their expertise to the business
- Focus’s upon customer in all that is delivered
- Deputise for their Manager when requested
- Deliver any other reasonable requests from your line manager or senior management team
Key Skills required
- Core Java and J2EE experience with multi-threading
- Good experience of using Object Oriented Programming language(s).
- Solid experience with the Spring Framework
- TDD with JUnit, TestNg or Spock
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson or TeamCity
- Build tooling with Maven, Gradle, Nexus etc
- Working on Unix or Linux
- Experience of Object Oriented Analysis Design and UML
- Experience in source control systems
- Good experience of automated software and system management tools
- Solid knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Experience of release management, configuration management and deployments
- Working knowledge of database design and file management techniques
- Experience of supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting in an dynamic environment
- Ability to produce quality work to demanding timescales
- Good interpersonal skills working within a team environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Any multi-services and AWS experience is a bonus
So why work at MetaPack, with year-on-year growth of 40% over the last 5 years, and with further growth planned, there has never been a better time to join us on our journey as we further cement our place as the number one global player in the industry. Secondly, you get to work with some of the best Software Engineers in London who will help you develop and progress into a Senior Software Engineer.
If you are interested please send your resume to email@example.com
Please attach your CV in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org