Product owner responsibility is to have a vision of what he or she wishes to build, and convey that vision to the agile team. Product owner does this in part through the product backlog, which is a prioritized features list for the product.
The Product Owner (PO) is accountable for articulating customer & business needs to software engineers, write user stories, non-functional requirements and acceptance criteria and operational management.
Working with Product Managers, Tech Leads, Software Architectures, key stakeholders and customers the Product Owner will be involved in all phases of product development from concept and prototyping through the delivery, release and operational phases of the product lifecycle.
- Act as an interface between the business and development teams
- Deliver detailed definition of the product vision and roadmap supporting the Product Manager
- Cooperate with software delivery teams by the creation and ownership of prioritised product backlog that the team delivers upon
- Active participation in Agile ceremonies including stand-ups, grooming, planning, estimation, UAT, demos and retrospectives
- Provide information and analysis for developers to support estimation
- Ensure that technical & user documentation is created
- Responsible for functional and non-functional quality of product
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integrations and dependencies
- Write and own acceptance tests and criteria
- Capture and translate requirements into User Stories, and Use Cases for delivery
- Define and analyze metrics that inform setting of objectives and goals for your product(s)
Key Skills required
- Experience working with agile development teams and processes
- Strong product domain knowledge
- Very good command of English language in speech and writing
- Data driven approach to decision making
- Relevant people management experience with well-developed leadership, problem solving and team building abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Ability to work in fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
- Ability to independently manage own workload, proactively interacting with key resources as needed
- A thorough understanding of customer needs
So why work at MetaPack, with year-on-year growth of 40% over the last 5 years, and with further growth planned, there has never been a better time to join us on our journey as we further cement our place as the number one global player in the industry.
If you are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach your CV in your email to email@example.com