As a Platform (AWS) Engineer at MetaPack you will play a critical role in the delivery of our enterprise products and services to our large and growing global customer base.
The Technical Operations team at MetaPack are responsible for the end to end health of our systems and services that are required to be available 24×7. You will have direct communication lines to solution architects and software engineers operating in an agile environment to drive availability, performance and security.
Being a member of the MetaPack Technical Operations team, you will be expected to work closely with colleagues in Software Engineering, Product Management and Architecture. You must be able to work as part of a team or independently and be able to effectively prioritise work items. This is an opportunity to work within an extremely dynamic environment and the role expects you to be efficient and engaging. You will have the opportunity to have a direct influence on day to day operations, driving automation and transition of infrastructure to cloud service providers.
As a Platform Engineer you will be responsible for delivering a secure, resilient, high availability environment; you will be involved in the design and architecture of the infrastructure required to deliver and sustain our portfolio of online services and you will be responsible for the build and configuration of tools to enable automated deployment, management and monitoring of our online services.
If you are passionate about driving continuous improvement in a high volume, high impact environment we are offering a unique opportunity to develop your career as an integral part of our Technical Operations team.
- Contribute to the design, build and operational management of a highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure that enable the MetaPack SaaS platform to operate 24×7
- Ensure that the MetaPack infrastructure platforms are secure and can scale rapidly to support growth in transaction volumes during periods of peak business. Limit or eliminate exposure to single points of failure
- Design and build infrastructure platforms with the highest levels of security. Respond swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities
- Create tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable our software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments and into production with maximum velocity
- Work tirelessly to reduce or remove bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the MetaPack SaaS ecosystem
- In collaboration with software engineering and colleagues in Technical Operations work to reduce or eliminate manual or repetitive tasks
- You will work with your colleagues to improve the end to end health and performance of the SaaS ecosystem
- Work with Engineering and QA teams on solution design, capacity planning and performance
- Promote, document and implement systems infrastructure best practices
- You will work alongside software engineering teams from project initiation to deployment & end of life
- Provide support during out of hours and on call as required by the business
- You will provide hands on support to the software engineering teams during each sprint to enable the migration of services through to transition from non-production environments into live
Key Skills required
- The Platform Engineer will possess excellent hands on Linux skills and Linux server orchestration skills; coupled with a great understanding of DevOps principles
- Experience of running services in AWS
- Scripting skills : Bash/Python/Ruby
- Experience of Automation/Configuration management tools preferably Ansible
- Experience of NetBackup and VMWare
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as NewRelic and AppDynamics
- Must be calm and work well under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work independently; deploying and troubleshooting systems
- Analytical by nature to troubleshoot and solve complex System Engineering problems
- Experience supporting high availability systems and scalable architectures
- Have experience in an internet operational environment, including multiple data centres and hybrid private and public cloud architectures
- Experience supporting network protocols including IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL
- Server, storage management and virtualization
- Excellent internal customer service, communication, and coordination
- Experience in enterprise level storage and network technologies
- Experience in large database operation environment
- Experience in service management process and practices such as ITIL a plus
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment
So why work at MetaPack, with year-on-year growth of 40% over the last 5 years, and with further growth planned, there has never been a better time to join us on our journey as we further cement our place as the number one global player in the industry.
If you are interested please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please attach your CV in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org