The role holder is responsible for the development and support of projects/operational tasks. They will provide technical support, resolving escalated technical issues within their own work area.
The role holder seeks also encourages people to share knowledge for mutual benefit in improving skills, and keeps an eye on developments in the wider IT industry; to recommend changes so that the skills within the function remain at the cutting-edge to meet future business requirements.
- To apply value to the Metapack Software Development as a combination of tools, techniques and measures, consistently across the projects assigned
- To cooperate with other company departments providing all needed information at stages of the design, testing and implementation requirements
- Active acquisition of business knowledge associated with the modules carriers and logistic processes
- Under minimum supervision develop software which meets functional and quality requirements and adheres to standards
- Plan, schedule and present demonstrations of system functionality as required
- Seeks to continually drive improvement in their day-to-day operations for the betterment of their team
- Ability to implement and manage change effectively with minimum supervision
- Contribute to estimate effort required to deliver functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure effective stakeholder management by providing regular and accurate updates on the progress, risks and issues
- To own and provide problem diagnosis and resolution liaising with peers, suppliers and customer/developer groups where appropriate ensuring KPIs and SLA are achieved
- Provide out of hours on call production support as required
- Seek knowledge regarding core competencies of the role by reading books, blogs and attending conferences, meetups
- Focus’s upon customer in all that is delivered
Key Skills required
- Logistics Domain knowledge from carrier industry or retail ecommerce
- Excel Macro programming
- Understanding and able to conduct/build automated unit testing and integration testing
- Java programming
- SQL programming
- Bash/shell scripting
- Experience of development and/or programming, design and implementation of simple software solutions
- Hands on experience of using source control systems
- Awareness of automated software and system management tools
- Awareness of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Awareness of principles of release management, configuration management and deployments
- Working knowledge of core software applications including Java, Oracle and SQL
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems; including Windows, Linux, Ubuntu
- Basic experience of supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting in a dynamic environment
So why work at MetaPack, with year-on-year growth of 40% over the last 5 years, and with further growth planned, there has never been a better time to join us on our journey as we further cement our place as the number one global player in the industry.
If you are interested please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please attach your CV in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org