MetaPack is currently at the heart of the eCommerce revolution and our delivery management software (SaaS) enables some of the world’s most well-known retail brands and eCommerce companies such as Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, House of Fraser, ASOS, Superdry, Ralph Lauren and eBay to provide better, faster, cheaper and more convenient options for delivery with the ability to trace and track your packages, regardless of how complicated it is to get it there.
Recently acquired by stamps.com, the 2nd fastest growing company in 2018 on the fortune 100 fastest growing company list, MetaPack is a dynamic, B2B SaaS technology organisation that is headquartered in Central London with offices across the world. Our DMS software processes up to 6000 orders per minute and last year enabled over 600 million parcels to be delivered to over 200 countries. Having just launched two new products and achieving record revenue for the 2017 calendar year, we are well positioned for an even more successful 2018.
We are currently recruiting a Group Accountant, this role offers an excellent opportunity for you to fully utilise, as well as expand, your financial skills and business management knowledge. Reporting to, and working closely with, the Group Financial Director, the Group Accountant will take responsibility for supporting day-to-day operation of a range of other group financial and management accounting matters. This role is ideally suited to a pro-active and ambitious qualified accountant who is looking to further their career and personal development. Occasional travel will be required to overseas entities.
The Group Accountant will be in charge of:
- Managing the month-end calendar for Group and local entities , making sure process and controls are managed in a timely manner to ensure the accuracy of our accounts
- Overseeing the Group payroll processes
- Producing the Group Balance Sheet review
- Intercompany invoicing
- Managing the monthly management account pack production in timely manners, with appropriate signed off by business owners and full details explanation vs prior years, budget and forecast
- Ad hoc systems audits
- Developing reporting tools (AX – Tm1 – CRM) to leverage analytics and controls when appropriate
This position is also accountable for cost recognition policies to ensure costs are applied in the appropriate periods under UK GAAP (FRS 102), and for the resultant accruals calculations and journals.
Key responsibilities and job standards
- Timely and accurate submission and payment of VAT returns to HMRC
- Assist with corporation tax filings for UK and French entities
- Intercompany invoicing
- Timely and accurate recording of business costs
- Support cost analysis for R&D Tax Credits and in that regard lead the analysis of reliable timesheet data
- Liaising with budget holders to ensure costs are understood and controlled (Marketing – COS1/ IT – HR)
- Timely and accurate review of balance sheet
- Timely and accurate bank reconciliations review
- Responsible for checking prepayments postings and fixed assets on a monthly basis
- Reconcile Petty cash monthly for UK
- Complete the accounts pack for MetaPack France and send to outsourced accounts along with TVA claim workings
- Create Management account reports on AX Dynamics and Tm1 for review
- Monthly reconciling the systems (salesforces – AX – Tm1)
- Prepare monthly commentary on performance
- Management of 1/2 direct reports
- Manage annual audit process – prepare accounts pack, delegate tasks and answer any queries
- Assist in the production of business review packs for execs
- Prepare Statutory accounts
Key skills, experience and qualifications needed
- Qualified Accountant with an excellent track record
- Experience overseeing payroll processes
- Experience of Microsoft AX Dynamics and TM-1 analysis software, with experience developing – mandatory
- Extensive SaaS industry month end experience with respect to reporting and analysis
- Excellent Excel and general office IT skills
- Good understanding of input VAT rules and experienced in the preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Proficient in European Tax
- Determination to identify and query variances in reported numbers and to seek the truth
- Drive to seek continual improvement in processes
- Excellent time management to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to coach and influence colleagues in meeting deadlines and enacting change
- Ability to document standard work practices
This position will be based in our London Head Office – 200 Grays Inn Road, WC1X 8XZ, the salary will be paid at market rate and the closing date for applications is November 28th 2018.
If you would like to apply then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach your CV in your email to email@example.com